Saturday, November seventh . Doorways at 7pm.
VIVO Education and Vancouver Audio have partnered to have an event and workshop series to understand more about circuit bending and glitch. We’ve located a Ladies’ Hacking Night / Atari Punk Console Build and Intro to Circuit Bending workshop, and collected together Vancouver makers, artists, online hackers and musicians, searching to talk about new sounds, hacked instruments, and different performances.
The ultimate showcase on November seventh will feature over 15 artists/online hackers and musicians with performances and “Show and Tell’s” through the evening.
If you are remotely thinking about electronics, experimental music, hacking, or would like to get transported to a different dimension, the wedding may be worth visiting. Please consider donating no less than $10 to visit towards generating occasions such as this happen. Nobody switched away for insufficient funds. All donations go towards causeing this to be along with other occasions enjoy it, possible. You are able to RSVP ahead of time via Eventbrite.
Doorways at 7pm
Ernest Brummer – “Tape/Disc”
The Tape/Disc product is a remix from the turntable : a hybrid between audio tape and 12″ records, the machine is really a purely analog recording medium, sampler, and audio looper. The work was created with support of the research grant in the Canada Council for that Arts and it has lately toured through San antonio and Portland included in the NorthWest Loopfest.
Sara Gold & Emily Thacker – experimental researches in electricity
Using very staid effective vintage analog electronic instruments, Sara Gold will showcase the abilities of these fine examples because the paia 4700 modular system, Roland’s re-201 space echo along with a Roland Tr-909 drum machine among others.
Emily includes a keen curiosity about DIY audio electronics. With an autodidactic process she’s built various kits by Music From Space, BleepLabs, Eric Archer and PAIA. Recently her attention continues to be switched towards video synthesis and also the choices of Gijs Gieskes. She’ll be performing together with her video synths as well as other feedback methods together with Sara Gold on audio.
Giorgio Magnanensi • Kedrick James• Shawn Cashin • Jayson Thiessen – glitchdrones
Some textures, clouds and grains using rewired Texas Instruments speech synths, chaotic synth and granular video glitches.
With Kedrick James, voice and electronics.
Show & Tell:
Russell Kramer – NES Zapper
Vincent van Haaff – Casio keyboard, Speak & spell mash-up. Furbies, speak & spell, stylophones, math & spell
Carol Beckmyer – Theremin Demonstration
Bella McKee, Theano Pavlidou & Michelle La Haye – Atari Punk Console Demo
An Atari Punk console is definitely an astable square wave oscillator driving a monostable oscillator that produces just one (square) pulse. There’s two controls, one for that frequency from the oscillator and something to manage the width from the pulse. The controls are often potentiometers however the circuit may also be controlled by light, temperature, pressure etc. by replacing a potentiometer having a appropriate sensor (e.g., photo resistor for light sensitivity). More often than not there’s additionally a on / off switch (frequently a toggle switch) along with a volume knob.
Norah Lorway & Kiran Bhumber – A combination of live code and gratifaction hacking.
Kiran and Norah digitally circuit bend through real-time algorithmic language Supercollider, creating dense ambients, beat-based textures, recording and live processing clarinet seem.
Chris will perform a solo performance together with his unusual noise package including the Casio SK-1, Vtech Talk and kind, Furby Baby, Radio Shack Portable Karaoke, Slacksophone (Light Theremin), and Boss Overdrive with Atari 2600 Controller.
Born and elevated in Italia, Giorgio Magnanensi presently resides in Roberts Creek around the Sunshine Coast of Bc, Canada. His diverse artistic practice includes composition, performing, improvisation, circuit–bending and video art. In the early 80’s up to now he has worked like a composer, conductor, teacher, and artist in Europe, Japan and Canada. He’s artistic director of Vancouver Audio, Laboratorio Arts Society and lecturer in the School of Music from the Vancouver College.
Underneath the art house banner “House of Gold”, Sara Gold has cultivated a soundOrvisible practice for more than ten years. Her current instruments of preference include using hands built vintage analog modular synthesizers, reel to reel tape compression as well as an re-201 space echo to mention a couple of. She presently creates soundtracks for film and her very own videos, eluding to more dark styles. With past live show, Sara now concentrates on recorded works in her own vancouver based studio practice carving experimental techno from her instruments abilities, transcending thier limitations.
Emily Thacker is really a av artist situated in Vancouver, BC. Formerly located in Montreal where she completed a BFA within the Film Production Department of Concordia College and initiated two festivals (Sonic Meltdown 1 and a pair of). She’s performed her video and music pieces in Montreal, Vancouver and Washington
Ernest Brummer is really a music performer, designer, and seem artist. His sonic inventions happen to be proven as interactive installations and featured in live performances at such illustrious venues because the VAG, SAG, Western Front, Vancouver New Music’s Circuit Cabaret Festival, and VIVO’s own Signal+Noise Media Art Festival.
of Circuit Bending at VIVO ()” alt=”BENT: A Showcase of Circuit Bending at VIVO” />Kiran Bhumber
Kiran Bhumber is really a composer, artist, programmer and music-educator from Vancouver, Canada. She completed her Bachelors of Music (2014) degree majoring in Secondary Music Education (Clarinet Concentration) in the College of Bc.
Kiran Bhumber’s work concentrates on motion-tracking technology and new interfaces for musical expression to produce both sonic and visual interactive environments for performers and audiences.
Norah Lorway is really a Canadian live coding laptop artist, composer, software developer and pianist located in United kingdom. She lately completed her Ph.D in Computer Music at College of Birmingham with Scott Wilson. Norah is presently a Postdoctoral Research Fellow in the College of Bc where she teaches SuperCollider and laptop orchestra. Her current [Canada Council for that Arts funded] research study handles writing software to facilitate an accessible system for gesture control and live coding. She is another Visiting Research Fellow and Lecturer in the College of Birmingham where she’s a investigator with BEER (Birmingham Ensemble for Electroacoustic Research) and teaches SuperCollider and interactive programming.
Bella McKee is really a music performer, composer, teacher, artist, and aerialist from Vancouver. She is part of VETO (Vancouver Experimental Theremin Orchestra) and is employed by a local engineering company manufacturing electric bicycle conversion kits.When she’s not flying high on the horizon, or having fun with her band, she’s in her own bed room recording music and messing around with synthesizers along with other electronics.
From early childhood experiments trying making his parents clocks run backwards and robot controlled curtains Dave rapidly moved into the field of circuit bending and building. His current artist practice includes design, photography and seem art in addition to construction of analog synthesizers/electronics. Current he’s developing custom Max/MSP/Jitter software for audio compositions and multi-media installations that has been exhibited lately within the Patterns show at Aberthau, Through The Trap Door (On Primary Gallery with LocoMotoArt), Queen Elizabeth Park and VIVO’s Signal & Noise Festival.
Take advantage of Symmers
Take advantage of began dealing with electronics at age twelve, lengthy before every electronic store had kits – in those days it had been a visit to the library to obtain a book on scratch built projects. The very first would be a very radio that labored surprisingly well. The following years were adopted by light sensing, relay control along with other projects which are lost within the sands of time… At 16 he bought an acetylene welding set and began making metal art. His work history encompassed custom sheetmetal shops, machine shops, marine fabrication and electrical. Now he works full-time creating kinetic sculptures and seem art in the home machine shop.
Russell creates interactive av environments through repurposing obsolete technology.
Johan Thornton is definitely an engineer-switched-artist located in Vancouver, B.C. Together with his passion for technology, he programmed games for that Game Boy and Super Nintendo, examined nuclear waste storage for Atomic Energy of Canada, and founded a business developing DJ performance gear before turning his focus to art. His largest urban art installation was as he hacked in to the Lions Gate Bridge lights making them blink in Morse code. He’s been producing and performing dance music since 1995, and is among the founders of Soundproof, Vancouver’s longest running subterranean rave group. Since joining the Burning Man community, Johan has been doing engineering focus on the Temple this year, and did engineering work with large art in Burning Man 2012 and 2014.
Chris Hixon may be the brains behind local weirdo band Baboon Torture Divison. A longtime explorer of sonic frontiers, he started circuit bending in in 1997 as he walked around the voicebox of the singing Santa Clause, causing it to glitch. After acquiring some soldering knowhow, the board was set up in a toy gun having a speaker within the barrel, and also the glitch connected to the trigger. Since that time he’s been an enthusiastic bender of speaking toys and old Casios and it has been continuously involved with noise one local noise band or any other.
Dr. Garnet Hertz is Canada Research Chair in Design and Media Arts and it is Affiliate Professor within the Faculty of Design and Dynamic Media at Emily Carr. His art and research explores styles of DIY culture and interdisciplinary art / design practices. He’s proven his work on several notable worldwide venues in 13 countries including SIGGRAPH, Ars Electronica, and DEAF and it was awarded the 2008 Oscar Signorini Award in automatic art. Hertz is founding father of Dorkbot SoCal, a regular monthly La-based lecture series on DIY culture, electronic art and style. He’s labored at Art Center College of Design and College of California Irvine. His scientific studies are broadly reported in academic publications, and popular press on his work has disseminated through 25 countries such as the New You are able to Occasions, Wired, The Washington Publish, NPR, USA Today, NBC, CBS, TV Tokyo, japan and CNN Headline News. More information: http://conceptlab.com/
Vincent van Haaff
Vincent van Haaff is really a multi-disciplinary media artist dealing with computer code to understand more about virtual and real spaces based on rule-based systems. Initially from Los Angeles, he went from the record label co-founder and audio hacker in La for an ecological club founder in Santa Barbara before relocating to Vancouver to become software developer and media artist. His expertise spans from data and music visualizations to computer vision, event and community installation, and user-centred design.
Carol Beckmyer is really a classically trained soprano, folk fiddler and thereminist. Carol is a person in VETO because the summer time of 2015 and it has since performed her theremin both in experimental electronic and orchestral concerts.
How To Fix iPhone X Won’t Turn On With Logic Board Repair
- REWA Technology: Have you ever come across other problems of iPhone X? Leave a message. ?
- Liam Powell: did you just take apart a dual stacked PCB and solder it back together? wow.
- Security Officer: I tried this repair and my phone exploded and blew off my penis 🙁
- Dhgf Dgf: Good nice
- Ярослав Зиньковец: Cool
- Ashutosh Srivastav: I want to learn how to repair all iphones
- Türkiye gsm team eğitim: videoya o kadarda inanmayın iphone x o kadar kolayca 1 dk da 2 ye ayrılıp geri takılmıyor atlamış sanırım video ama ölçümleri tespitleri faydalı
- KING MOHSEEN: I forgot my iphone 6 apple ID please help
- Marcelo Rios: Fake
- Elton Hurtis: Where can I buy the iphone X circuit board online?
- Guhan Khan: Please my iPhone save me
- Guhan Khan: Unga office enga erruku
- Guhan Khan: Sir my iPhone are circuit problem
- جو جو: man very nice
- Adrian Wagner: Do you fixed it? Where are apps on the desktop?
- واحد مجهول: Hi. I have a problem with the face id it does not work after I restart the phone. The phone must be connected to the charger to return to work. As well as the portraiture with the front camera times does not work. Also the battery emptied quickly note that it shows me that the authenticity of the battery 98%
- FC Bojie Jr Cantiller: Hmmm. Inductor? may i know how many uH or mH have this inductor L2770.
- Himanshu Jaiswal: Is it necessary to firmware after change cpu ic in smart mobile handset or feature mobile handset?
- liang xiansheng: 牛逼啊！就是不对大陆人
- mojtaba bakhshian: This problem is never coil.this video is fake.
- Live life Doha: ihave iphone x its not working brok screen afther its not working
- JIM SHUN HOOD: Bro which school can teach me all mobile repairing training courses.
- Emil Ludvigsson: I don’t get it he also did’t get volt reading on C2715 the 2th or 3th he took reading from so why wouldn’t that one be shorted?
- stylishstarsaleem sss: Hi I want to mobile ripering training in your institute how to contact you plz tell me
- Adalhelm Roderic Rosenberg: This is oddly satisfied
- Kry Ganu: Aku tak faham mula asal. Tapi rumuskan sendiri.. Die gune rumus voltage. Bukannnya burst ampere. Die cek masalah voltage yg tidak sama di bahagian skema. Tapi benda ni kene tahu dulu. Ampere die setakat mana. Kalau setakat tu mungkin ada di masalah cpu. Sow die ukur voltage julat sebenar di skema.
- haswell8464 Jerry: So neat clear thumps up for that ????
- asil Bouguerra: wow 10/10
- mArWa: I WISH MY PHONE STORE WOULD DO THIS TO MY PHONE they just gave it to me and said its water damaged and said give me 55 bucks cried all night that night
- فارس السفياني: ?
- Kucing Kucing: THE MOST SMARTEST SMARTPHONE CHIP IN THE WORLD really?
- Chicho Milian: I just opened my 1st one yay
- JP jay: I water-damaged my I Phone X. it doesn´t boot anymore.
also recovery or software update doesn´t work.
I guess something on the logic board is damaged. can that be repaired?
I NEED the data.
- mrsemifixit: What temp solder paste used for middle layer reball? Is it normal leaded 183c or low melt at 138c?
- ISOHaven: When putting both layers back together how do you guarantee no two points wind up shorting out?
- أكرم اليافعي: Fuck apple
- name:小绿帽发放员: 300多条短信。。。
- HIgh Rated: My iphone X IS WATER DEMAGE. ONLY FLASH LIGHT OPEN. PLS SOLVE MY PROBLEM . The repairer has removed all the water from it
- MacroHD: any link for the iPhone 8/8+ and iPhone X correct schematic diagram??
- mithun hasan: My iPhone x no LCD light
- xAndrey69: How do i know that the logic board is the problem that my ip X won't start ?
- TizanaMenYo: dud this is a pain in the ass !!! that staked logic board make it harder !!
- The Tech Genie: I have to get that holder?
- shamile shafiq: Fake video
- SALMAN Makki: hey. My iphone X falls in beach . after it I had problem with Face id , and after it it turned off by it self. I tried to charge it it wont respond, also hard restart it wont also. I Asked a service center they said you may have Shorted the board just because you charged the phone while its still wet. can I get help please how to fix it ?
- veera telecome: Sir you are great i am waching all yours videos and very interesting viedos trik how Mauch fess for teraing am from india
- Rany Ong 宇恆: 走出深圳走向世界了
- Shahjad Alam: need a teacher like you.. can u make me your student
- Stranger Danger: Is that 2 batteries
- gowe asll: I've never seen in a whole of my life as good and clean as your fixing. many thanks
- Apple User: Shouldn’t Apple cover the issue?
- Mohammed Amin Mohammed: wow
- Crossfire: Me suscribo aunque me encantaría traducido al español tus vídeos
- Prop Ability FPV: Id like to meet the dumbass with the idea of a double stacked pcb. Beautiful job tho, I love when people rub it in apples face that they will never defeat 3rd party lol. Im 15 and i pffer $35 screen rpleacments up to the 7 plus, $25 battery replacments, and $50 microsoldering repairs first period class lol
- Raju Rai Mobile Repair: Nice video
- mario XU: 能不能加个中文标题，欧洲小语种，英语不太好
- Fort Noob: Now i never want to fix my phone again
- mani goyal: Hey rewa..Is there any u10 ic for iphone 7 or 7 plus for touch id not working..
- Re ne: Hi I just want to ask my iphone 5s was used under salt water with a case. But sadly the case was defective in small amount of water was come in on inside the case that cause the water to enter on the bottom of the phone (speaker and charging port) the phone is still working but the touch id is already failed and battery drain so fast even if ur not using the. What would be the reason is still can be fixed? I bring it to one of the tech he check it he said the its not grounded maybe the battery or if not u2 ic but if u2 ic is the prob my phone is 50/50 he said. Is that true? Hope someone can help me here. Thanks
- francis chow: I had this exact black screen problem for 2 times
- Artem Medvedev: Hi! Nice video! I have a question, on 5:58 what's the melted black thing is in the center of the PCB? It looks like a burned plastic
- Azizbek Yunusov: ???
- Moh,Dulal ahmed Dulal: Your tecnical are be magic
I like it
- demetrio dario: Can you make a video on how to fix a PS Vita it's only showing the PlayStation logo then shutdown.. checked the battery.. it's ok..
- Byron Elley: Where can I get that power supply connector to hook to Iphone during repairs?
- Sparky: Keep up
- HOAI TAM OFFICIAL: Subscribe now
- Saiful Nurhasan: clean setup
- Дмитрий Иванов: this is awesome! I would like to be able to do this as well
- グーチ動画: The next iOS update the phone will fail since it's not the original part apple only makes $1000 phones for landfills
- Víctor Daniel Gómez Morrobel: Spectacular
- Wilson: Never again Apple, if Vodafon gave me the iP6 for free as an excuse, I would have a windows phone now, but the next one is gonna be an Android, there you have usb and can use it like on any pc so I don't need to turn on pc for testing my Arduino sketches. With an iPhone you can do nothing except of calling, messaging and watching porns, if you don't have a Jailbreak, I wonder all the time for what they put in faster cpu's and more RAM all the time, it's all useless anyway, probably to send our data faster to NSA.
- Shaiful Sykes: My galaxy note 3 still can turn on till today. Quality?
- Chris Brinzo: Always top notch stuff!
What would cause L2770 to fail?
- Smartfix Dubai: neeed board stand and stencil
- Rolando Onofre: greetings very good videos but, how can you make micro welding without a microscope?
- John Baker: Working on the X is going to be a real pain in the ass. Just to open up and inspect your looking at a big reball job
- Hydrochloric Acid: I don't even have an iPhone. I still feel compelled to watch these
- Azam Cool: Iphone 7 iTunes showing but can’t restore update why sir
- Fadi F.: What could damage the inductor in this phone?
And what that inductor for??
- MrSgtBlade: Are you not blowing any fuses by powering it without having components connected? (like the backlight fuse on the 6s when powering without screen)
- Free Videos: not easy , i think the coil no anyone know it damage
- Abraham: Can rewa start recording in 4K 60 frames per second please. I’m sure you guys have the budget for it. It would be a big upgrade for the channel!!
- Firmware 1tech: very good ?????
- Alex Polyakov: 'it's never the coil' she said @iPadRehab
- avtar singh: Rewa, salute you ?
- Jamil Tan: All ipx still have warranty? ?? something wrong with this
- Jitu Patel: Suparrrrrrr
Very nice ??
- Doc. Volt: Christ who was the engineer that said "yes dual stacked pcbs are a good idea!"
- Benoît: it seems very hard now to repair iPhone X. btw, good rewa
- Bishnu Neupane: rewa yours teams work great every day i will waiting new videos
- Jeff O: Every iPhone X stills has warranty so why not send it in for a replacement? ?
- Sepiyan Siva: The Apple team always think seriously to stop us from logic board repair by making pcb's more and more complicated. but finally we prove that we are beyond their thinking.
- ASHISH ARORA: really good job rewa..i love u ur work…???????
- V Lyt: Next iOS update and all parts will have unique number))
- ThiagoNNabis: how i buy this tools?
- mrsemifixit: What was the inductor for?
- FULL TIME Entertaining: Wow iam Tecnetion ???
but ur olso GREAT ??
- SHA RON: Tiny logic board and little diffcult put the shield anyway nice work rewa
- Carl Leung: REWA solution ！！！