Bruce Aisher walks us through probably the most effective means of automating delay effects into tracks.
Delay is among the most significant effects available when mixing, and definitely probably the most helpful for dance music. Delay and echo plugins are available in great shape and flavours, and although they work nicely instead of reverb for subtle ambient treatments they may also be pressed into more flamboyant use, specially when DAW automation is put into the equation.
Within this tutorial we’ll demonstrate probably the most great ways to automate delay effects to your productions, from subtle ‘spins’ to spacey dub echoes.
The easiest utilization of automation would be to ‘spin in’ delay-based place effects. Begin by establishing your favourite delay wordpress plugin like a send effect inside your DAW – quite simply, the delay sits by itself bus as opposed to a track’s funnel strip, and it is looking for 100% wet (no dry unprocessed signal needed whatsoever here).
We begin having a simple synth riff. It already has a little bit of reverb onto it, however it still feels too abrupt once the riff ends and also the seem all of a sudden drops from the track.
The answer would be to send it to the delay line right before the riff ends:
The easiest method to do that is as simple as recording parameter changes with automation. Set your DAW to ‘Write’ automation, then push-up the result send level around the synth funnel (visiting the delay) on only the last area of the bar. The screengrab shows the way the automation data looks in Logic but pretty much every DAW includes a similar option.
Some DAWs (for example Cubase, proven here) also permit you to automate the send’s on/off status (just like a switch), enabling you to adjust the amount by hand later.
When you are the automation data perfect, there’s nothing stopping you copying the automation with other areas of the track if needed, as proven below (click on the image to enlarge).
Feedback Fun… Fun… Fun…
Observe that around the examples above we’re utilizing a fixed quantity of delay feedback to supply a number of ‘repeats’. If at all possible, try to make use of a wordpress plugin with a type of filtering around the feedback path, making the delay become more and more ‘lo-fi’ on every repeat. Some tape delay plugins include a tiny bit of distortion or saturation towards the delayed signal.
How to use Automation Clips – FL Studio 12 Essentials #1
- mohamed white: you are amazing thank you so much man i love you .you helped me a lot
- Danje Galan Music: thanks
- Est Camx: someone pls make a remix for the first 5 seconds from this video
- Daniel K.: My automations wont allow me to adjust it the way i want it to, i cannot drag, if i do it just creates multiple points of drags… and when i click and drag on a point it wont move
- Ari Cahn: 3.5 years of producing and this is the first time I actually learned how to do this…
- Melkisedek cendana: How….i can automate my self and become stronger?
- Sri Ram: Tq so much
- Donkyy: thank u it was really helpful
- Thành Long Trần: help me pls 🙁 at 1:16 i follow him and chose unsorted but nothing happened, just bare channels. how can i fix this?
- Tsholofelo Makgale: thanks bro really help a lot
- DJ EMPATHIE.: perfect video.
- timentimentimen: At 2:31 'wave' resulted in a triangular shape, and at 3:12 'wave' resulted in a sine shape. Why? I want to make a sine but I can only manage to get triangles.
- Adi Utkarsh: i just love you i stuck so bad now i am so relieved
- Sebastian Menendez: how can i change from panning to volume plz help
- Ronit Rana: Man. you really helped me.. you're awesome .!!!
- KJA Joseph: Thank you for this video, I've been finding it difficult in automation.
- Julian Schmitt: realy helpfull.???
- Limpy: I want to use like a type of underwater effect using parametric eq2 in like a part of a melody i made.How can i do that?i tried the automation but it only was changing the volume i think.
- Ekaitz Soto: Thx so much bro
- dkfghdfuihsd sdfobvguidf: too fast man
- 88 FutureInThePresent: i used this technique on my last video thanks to anyone who critiques it :]
- Rakesh Kharibam: Thanks ??
- Heritage School of Excellence: Mehn!!! Bro, thank you so much. Very precise and straight to the point. I hate it when talk, talk and talk on a topic that is not supposed to take that long to explain. Thanks again.
- its EMOJI: whats the difference between channel panning and channel volume ?
- Cosmic Beatzz: Loved the tutorial man, everything is clear now.
- N I G H T F 4 4 L: Thanks man
- Akshay K S: Tnx for the video brOo…☺️?
- Ruben Buco: thank you
- PRØDIGY: Thank you very much for this!
- Magnus Theobald: I am trying to use the automation clip only on a specific part . However after that the entire pattern is modified and it doesnt stop even though the automation clip ended already. Hope someone can help
- Will Johnson: How did you automate your voice to sound like that
- Cammy Black: this helped so much thanks
- mujoo: siz inglisch isnt dä veri yello from the eg
- Ash Vevory: Thx Alot u helped me, really cool was cool
- Carl: Been going crazy trying to figure this out on my own. Thanks for the helpful tutorial!
- Lone Wolf: This is the stupidest program ever. I can't get a goddamn thing to work. Whenever I try to add an automation clip I can't adjust the volume in any way shape or form. I can't adjust anything. What the fuck is wrong with this program?!!?!!?
- Spotify Hun m: ty so much
- Yel Salvacion: This is what tutorial means!! Direct to the point!! very Nice bro!! thanks!
- THE 38 DUDE: very nice
- Rian: edwan
- MuSicAL SaHiL: bro can you send me sylenth 1 free download but he works 100% email@example.com
- DeAtRoNiX: thank you
- calm down: how can i create an automation clip which basically automates the whole sound but just in a shorter amount of time? for example 3 seconds or 4 bars instead of the whole thing.
- sirdoyle’s meme house: im not joking, that beat is legit something youd hear in n++
- Max Kues: fooken excelent tutorial
- Kshitij Jande: Flp please
- azielvv: thanks man
- A Bungee Jumping Potato: Im very late to this but thank you I learned a lot
- The Metal Worm: You're a god. Thanks a lot
- Leenton Ton: Hello. do u mind to drop me a link of the sylenth1 crack version? thank you! 😉
- Vetuko Desing Illustrator: Thank You 😀
- Si U: Thank You Bro!!!?
- Anandu N: wow.. I like u r tone composition,…..
- bruce wayne: How do i get sylenth1 and serum free
- Ante Šimunović: yes, finally in the first 1 minute and 30 seconds I've got all the infomrmation I need
- MELO MUSIC: just wasted my 4 mintue for a simple shit
- lil kev: Waaaaay easier than I thought… Lol
- WeirdWorld: izlit yo
- Brandon C: Wow wow wow. I can't believe it's really this easy. Thanks man this was perfect. Now I know why all those EDM guys tracks look so freakin complex. Haha, time to put in some work.
- Fatal Potatoe: This really helped me! Now my music does not sound the same all the time
- Omer Faruk Kanmaz: thanks for the tip at the end 🙂 i was trying to fiugre out how to automate Massive for days
- lordsides: thank thanks thanks your trick to move every panel is great thank you : – )
- Drew Tee: dude your voice is so cool
- AM MAGIX: Dude ur the best
- Mordor Fish: How the fuck were I supposed to figure out that "last tweaked" thing… It's like something essential, it should be intuitive and easy, there's no way I'd know about this if you didn't show it here lol. FL Studio is so badly designed in some parts…
- Jax Olvert: why is your voice so edited?? to much reeverb bro
- beniculous !: how do i automate one specific track using a knob in a plugin
- beniculous !: didn't work, when i make an automation clip after highlighting thte stuff i want automated it wont autmoate it?
- onii12: I've been looking for a way to reduce a pattern's volume with auto clip, and your video helped. Thanks!
- Azwyn Nazmy: from all videos was i learn about how to make automation, this is best to make me understand how to use it^^ ty
- Hööli lllöl: Thanks, really helped me!
- SIDİ: awesom video?
- Ariton: How do you automate all? I can only automate kick for example :/
- Justinhh24: Nice Video, Thank you so much 🙂
- Leoo Pokat: Zero Persian
- moseman447: Thank you 🙂
- Arjun: dude , its a good tutorial ! WEll done 😉
- Isuru Warna: thanks a lot?
- naveen m: i jus brought the mp3 into pattern form in the the pattern section and when i select and gone to the "create automation clip" by right clicking in the channel volume (right side to panning option) it is coming(automation clip) but its light in color and i cant reduce or increase the sound for that mp3…but when i create a new tone inside the studio for the 1st time and do the same its working…but y not on importe mp3s?
- Bernie Asis: can i copy a written automation and link it to something else?
- xAres: how about the param eq? I want to know how to make that fade in thing
- 1PlayerMas: Thank you sir, helped me a lot!
- Adrien Aranda: ahah yo tenjo este pograma i es mui buenoo
- Tommi Utriainen: My problem is that the automation clip doesn't have any control points in the curve, so I can't modify it. In every tutorial the control points just appear but on my automation clips there is none. How do I make them appear?
- MaskMontage: thanks tahanks thanks thanks bro <3 <3 <3
- Curtis Wright: Thanx
- iMaCaT: How can i smooth the wave?!
- Juliette Wright: nice broooo 🙂
- bohemiangrove: thanks!
- douglas castro: best accent on youtube
- LavaTorso: THANKS, THAT WAS SO HELPFULL
- Jonah Trott: OMFG THANK YOU THANK YOU I KNOW HOW TO MUSIC NOW
- Mexi Short: Im getting alot of bubbles when I try to move my automation line..how do I get rid of them so that I can control one or two?
- GLODZIO: Wave… I fucki'n love you!!! XD
- Cervone 47: can anyone help me for some reason when i do the automation clip instead of the hand its a pencil and its not letting me right click or anything thanks
- Gary Keenan: Mimsy!
- President of Science: Yeah i get the automation clip for a specific area but it keeps applying to the whole track.
- Ganesh Murthi: Actually i used this automation but the sound is not coming i mean the audio is not working dont know why can any one say why this is happening ??
- Barloo O.: Nice trick ;)) very helpful 🙂